January 30, 2011

Ribbon Clips - Easiest Project EVER!

I absolutely love crafts. LOVE them. There's such a thrill in making something that you were already going to go buy or use. If I didn't have so many other more important jobs -- being a mom, wife, and teacher -- I'm convinced I could fill up 24 hours each day with all kinds of paper crafts, sewing, and painting. You should also know that I'm a complete copy-cat. Now and then, I'll come up with something on my own, but most of the time I find things on blogs or in stores and make my version of them. I've really been trying to limit my projects lately, though, because I end up starting several things and never finishing any! Remember the felt playhouse I started sewing for Laney last year? I'm still swearing I'm going to finish that thing one of these days!

I saw this ribbon clip tutorial on another blog and had to make some. I've been looking for something cute to hold Laney's bangs back out of her face, and these are perfect. Most of the projects I find on blogs are too time-consuming for me to take on right now. But not this one. It was so easy and only took about 20 minutes. Here are my finished clips:




And I somehow lucked out and got these two professional models to style them for me. They were really busy watching Yo Gabba Gabba, but said they didn't mind being my mannequins anyway. Too sweet. Can't wait to see if Laney actually leaves these in her hair! I'm already pretty sure that Daddy will not leave them on his beanie.



Other news in crafts: Marshall ordered me a Silhouette and it's on its way right now!!! Hopefully it will arrive sometime next week. I've been wanting a craft cutting machine for over a year now. I've debated going out and buying one many times, but just couldn't get myself to spend the money. I think Marsh finally got tired of hearing about it! He was going to surprise me with it, but broke down and told me he had already ordered it (probably after hearing me bring it up about 7 more times- ha!). AHHH I can't even decide what I want to make with it first! :)

Oh, and about that week 18 tummy pic -- it's coming today. I'm stalling, if you can't tell. Waiting for that "skinny" moment of the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment