August 3, 2012

Casserole Carrier

I've been getting that craft itch again, lately. I do this often. I won't do a single crafty thing for months on end, then all of a sudden, BAM. Hobby Lobby every day. Glue guns plugged in everywhere. Sewing machine living on the kitchen table. I think this most recent craft spree was brought on by watch Tori Spelling's new show Craft Wars.

Marshall loves it. Ha. Hahaha.

He's been really great about letting me go craft crazy 24/7, though. I think he's just learned that if he can weather the storm of scrapbook paper and ribbons for a few days, I'll get sick of it and then he'll be able to eat dinner, once again, on a table that Michael's craft store didn't just throw up all over. He really is a trooper.

I digress. The point of all this is...I want to be good at sewing so badly. I've never had a formal sewing lesson. I didn't even take home-ec in high school. The few solid skills I do know I managed to pick up from my mom and I've just been able teach myself the rest by trial and error. And by "the rest," I mean just enough to get me through a sewing project. My seams aren't ever straight and I usually have to curse my machine a few thousand times before finishing my work, but I'm getting there. Each time I have fewer fights with my bobbin.

My most recent project was a casserole dish carrier. I originally saw the idea on TAYLORMADE. But she used the tutorial from 2 Little Hooligans. With a few tweaks from Homemade by Jill. So I just shamelessly copied all of the those crafty ladies and came up with this! I'm so happy with how it turned out! I mean, for me, any sewing project that doesn't end up in the garbage is a success. I got the fabric from Hobby Lobby and plan to make a pillow or something out of the left overs. We'll see if that ever actually happens. As for this casserole carrier, I think it might be my Christmas present to my MIL. It looks like something she would like. Plus, there are some killer casseroles she makes that can be carried around in that thing!





2 comments:

Nat said...

As you know my birthday is October 21st... Get busy!

Nat said...

As you know my birthday is October 21st... Get busy!

Post a Comment