February 1, 2011

The Playroom

The playroom is finally finished! I'm so excited. Laney has loved playing in there already. When we moved into this house almost a year and a half ago, we made this fourth bedroom into an office/sewing room. It ended up be a junk room more than anything, though, because it was just too easy to put anything we didn't know what to do with at the time in there and just shut the door. We were silly not to make it a playroom from the beginning. The other bedrooms are pretty small, so the kids won't be able to do much "playing" in them. Hopefully this will be the perfect solution!

I knew I had to get this room decorated quickly since I still have TWO more rooms to do -- another nursery and a "big girl" room for Laney. I couldn't decide for the longest time how I wanted to decorate the playroom, so my mom and sister helped me dream up a plan over Christmas break. Marshall was just thrilled to see us come home from Lowe's with buckets of paint and hear that we were, in fact, set on repainting all the walls (ha). He put on his trooper pants, though, and led the way. He stayed up all night one night after I went to bed and started and finished all the solid walls. The next day, he helped me tape and paint the striped wall. {I also want to give a shout out to my sister Lauren. She was the one who taped off all the edges, ceilings, and baseboards. And that's the most important but least fun job.}

After that I just painted all the animals on the walls ordered some animals and tree wall decals from Pottery Barn Kids and stuck them on the walls. I DID paint the canvases that say "PLAY." Then we just shoved all Laney's toys in her new toy box, hung the new TV on the wall, and finished the room off by bringing in her pink chair and bean bag.

Here are some pictures! It will probably never look this perfect or picked up again. I hope it doesn't. I mean, it is a playroom. Laney is not feeling too hot right now, but as soon as we get that precious snotty nose cleared up, I'll get some "real life" pictures of her playing away. :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment