May 19, 2013

Are We Toddler or Are We Dancer

I've pretty much been looking forward to dance recital time since I found out that Laney was a girl at her 20-week sonogram. And it finally came around! I have such wonderful memories of ballet, tap, and jazz as a little girl and can't wait to do it all over again (in a very non-Dance Moms type of way, I swear). I'm so glad she loved this first year of ballet. I'll never make her do it, but I can't promise I won't cry real tears in my closet when she stops. I wish I was kidding.

Her favorite part was wearing makeup. She got to wear lots of make up. And was looking way too much like an 18-year-old for Marshall's liking. But all the lipstick, sparkles, and glitter were a dream come true for her.

Her class did a dance to the "We Are Siamese" song from Lady & the Tramp. I use the word "dance" hesitantly. I don't think any of them were doing the same move at any time. But it was absolutely adorable. And I'm sure you're shocked that she had an entire fan club in attendance that thought she was the star of the show. Thanks, family! It was wonderful waking up to a house full of her flowers this morning.




0 comments:

Post a Comment