May 31, 2013

A Beautiful Mess

Things have been rough lately. The twins are hard. They've started biting. Mother's Day Out is over for the time being. The laundry continues to grow exponentially while my ability to do it continues linearly. I haven't showered in 48 hours. I didn't brush my teeth until 2 pm yesterday. A random family caught the boys before they ran out into a parking lot at the splash park today when I wasn't looking. I find myself looking around and thinking,

What a mess.

I long for a day off. Just a day to go walk around Target. Or browse random antique stores for junk I don't really need. Or watch a trashy Lifetime movie. Or go eat a meal without a child on my lap or while driving with my knee. I just feel tired.

Then I feel guilty for feeling sorry for myself. Because I'm so lucky to have all of this:


I got to see Laney be a flower girl for the first time last weekend. She was stunning.



She chased and crushed on the ring bearer all weekend long. This would have been adorable if he wasn't her cousin (I guess we should explain that soon).



The boys got dressed up and Parker immediately started posing. Such a ham.



Brooks clung to Daddy (in true Brooks fashion).



And some nose-picking ruined my only shot of a picture of the boys together.


Our life really is just a mess. A beautiful, beautiful mess.

1 comments:

Erica said...

Hang in there! Things will be crazy for a while and then easier again and then out of control yet again..the never ending roller coaster of babies, right?! Glad you are seeing the sweet in between the sour. And a ice cold beer doesn't hurt on those long summer days either...!

Post a Comment