March 18, 2013

Lions & Ladies

Well, as you've probably noticed, my blog just got a little make over! My friend that designs the prettiest things made the header for me. I'm in love. And there's even a little button that links to my new Etsy shop called Lions & Ladies. I think I mentioned before that I had started a little business. It's been so fun. I make bow ties for little boys (and even some for big boys men). I also keep swearing that I'm going to list some headbands for baby girls but haven't gotten around to it quite yet. I do make them, though.

Why Lions & Ladies? Well, I'll tell you why. It's just some Iron & Wine lyrics. When I started this blog over three years ago, I titled it "Love and Some Verses." In my very first post I explained that I chose that name partly because it was a song title from one of my favorite artists, Sam Beam (Iron & Wine). His music is folky, dramatic, nostalgic, full of beautiful lyrics and imagery, and kind of depressing. Everything I love! Ha.

When I think about my life, it kinda plays like a movie in my head. And Iron & Wine songs make up the soundtrack. For example, if I was even 5 minutes early to a day in high school, you could find me sitting in my car listening to Such Great Heights from the Garden State album. During my first spell of homesickness in college, Sodom, South Georgia played non-stop on my iPod (which is weird because I'm not even from Georgia haha). When Marshall and I got back together for the final time, I was obsessing over The Trapeze Swinger. I listened to Love Vigilantes on repeat during those first few weeks of Laney's life when I was fighting the baby blues and learning what motherhood felt like. Peng! 33 is Laney's favorite song. It calmed her as a baby and is the song in the slideshow of her first year. Call Your Boys was the anthem of the summer right after Parker & Brooks joined us in this world. And Kingdom of the Animals is currently what L, P, B and I listen to in the car during our daily drives.

So, whenever I need to give something a name, it just makes sense to me to use these songs. No deep meaning or anything. And no real lions. Just songs that I love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment