September 17, 2012

Un-Green Thumb


I have whatever the opposite of a green thumb is. So, I guess a black thumb? Plants come to my house to die. The only plant I've successfully kept alive is this one:

It's some type of grass that is supposed to keep bugs away. I forget to water it for days on end, but it hasn't given up on me. In fact, it's getting a little out of control and bigger than I thought it would. None of my "gardening" ever goes as planned. And please notice that it's next to an empty pot. That wasn't always empty (R.I.P. pretty orange Geranium). I'm coming to the realization that the only living things that can survive in my house are the ones that can walk up to me and demand a hot dog.

I love plants, though, and am always wanting to try again. And again. I saw this glass terranium on sale at Urban Outfitters and just lit up with excitement at the thought of having it in my kitchen and growing some parsley in it, or something.


I'm pretty conflicted about actually getting it, though. It's not that expensive, but I just don't know if I can take the possibility of any more gardening failure. Plus, it wouldn't surprise me if the plants at the store grew legs and ran away from me the next time I went to buy them. I'm sure they've heard it's a plant cemetery around here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment