December 20, 2010

Week 12

As promised, here is the next tummy picture! I swear that I FEEL about one million times bigger than this. And I will start taking these "tummy pics" against a solid background. I didn't think about the fact that the Christmas tree would be a little busy.



And what a week "week 12" was. I finished up teaching for the fall semester then we immediately headed to Houston on Friday after work for one of Marshall's best friends' wedding weekend. Laney stayed with Marshall's parents who were having a family Christmas, which was much more fun for her than riding over 12 hours total in the car. And it was a REALLY good thing we did not drag Laney along on our trip because we ended up spending a few hours in the hospital! We had quite a pregnancy scare at the wedding reception and ended up catching a cab to one of the nearest emergency rooms at Texas Woman's Hospital, which just so happens to be one of the best OBGYN hospitals in the state (lucky for us). After a little crying, a few sonograms, and some blood tests, we were told that I have a pretty big "bleed" in there somewhere that is threatening to my pregnancy. But, as of now, the babies look fine! The prescription? Bed rest. For at least a week.

I WILL be making my way off the couch today, though, to go see our OBGYN here in Abilene. Hopefully he can give us some good news, as I've had no more problems or cramping since that night. Please keep us in your prayers during this scary time. We know that God has His hand on this situation and we trust His will. Obviously, though, our hope is that two healthy babies carried full-term are part of that will.

The good news is....bed rest gives me LOTS of time for blogging! So expect some pictures and videos soon. Love to all during the Christmas season!

0 comments:

Post a Comment