December 24, 2010

Christmas at Our House

In the words of Will Ferrell, "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!" We don't have much time for singing, but we have tried our best around here to spread some cheer by pulling out the Christmas decorations. Here's a tour of our home at Christmas!


Here's our tree! The fact that it is still standing is a Christmas miracle in itself considering the fact that we have two curious cats and a VERY curious 14-month-old. All 3 have heard "NO!" quite a lot concerning this tree.




Here are a few of my favorite ornaments! The two on the left have pictures of Laney from last year and this year. What a difference a year makes! The top right one is Laney's "First Christmas" ornament from last year. And the silver car was a wedding gift from my sweet Tri-Delta house mom, Mama Kaye.




Just some more decor...




These are my favorite little snow globes given to us by my mother-in-law. They have a switch that makes them "snow" all the time. The reindeer is missing some equipment, as you can see. So far, this is the only Christmas decor casualty that Laney has caused. Pretty good!




And last, but not least, our 2010 Christmas card and Christmas card tree full of cards from our friends! Christmas cards have always been a big part of my holidays. Since we moved a lot when I was young, my mother ALWAYS sent a Christmas card as a way of keeping up with old friends. I still absolutely LOVE getting cards from friends and family. I am so glad to have gotten so many this year! Please send me yours (that's the best way to get on my Christmas card list!).


0 comments:

Post a Comment