September 23, 2010

Lauren Michele

I just finished reading the most recent post on a blog that belongs to a person that I do not know. Well, I keep up with her blog and actually feel like I know her pretty well (disturbing, I know), so I guess I should say she doesn't know me. When tears began running down my face as I scrolled through the words, I began to wonder exactly what it was about her blog that made it so good. And I realized something- she has good characters. She talks about the people she loves and is around so much that you begin to care about them, too! So, I've decided to start "introducing" some of the key players in my life (other than Laney, of course, because you already know all about that little sweetie!).

SIDE NOTE: I kicked Marshall off the "contributors" list for this blog. Because he never asked to be a "contributor" anyways and only posted one time when I begged him to. Ha!

Back on track. I want to introduce you to my sister, Lauren. If I had to rank the most important people in my life, she'd be one of a select few tying for first place. She's my only sibling and has become one of my best friends as we've grown into adults. Here are some things about her:

-She makes one great aunt. From the moment I found out that I was pregnant, she loved Laney almost as much as I did. She was in the hospital room with us when I gave birth to Laney and was the first one to actually "see" her. I needed her in there with me because she puts me at ease with her confidence and laughter. And laugh we did, even as I entered into labor.


-She's pretty stinking funny. Her wonderful sense of humor blossomed when she was about 12 years old and she's had us in stitches ever since. She's so witty at the most unexpected times. She'll make fun of anyone...and it ends up being hilarious and not mean. Well, maybe a little mean, but she can get away with it for some reason!

-She loves fashion and make-up. And she's a VERY talented make-up artist. I actually ended up canceling my make-up appointment the day of my wedding because I got nervous and knew that Lauren would make it look just how I wanted. I can't remember the last time I went shopping without her. A lot of times I feel like she's my older sister even though she's younger because I'm always wanting her approval on anything I wear. And ANY time she's home from college, I have her come do my make-up- even if I'm not going anywhere special. It's one of my favorite things. :)

-She's a natural athlete. I found this picture on Facebook (she's gonna kill me). It's from when she played youth basketball and was (as you can see) a BEAST compared to all her peers. Unlike me, Lauren excelled in soccer, basketball, track, and volleyball. I've always admired her muscular legs and athleticism. We can only hope that Laney might inherit some of those genes of Lauren's that are oh-so-absent in me!

-She looks a lot like me. I guess I should say "we look a lot alike," but I'm sticking with "she looks a lot like me" because I'm older! When people get us confused and call me Lauren, I take it as such a compliment because I think she's so beautiful. I want to look like her when I grow up.

Those are my favorite things about Lauren. Now you'll REALLY know who I'm talking about when I mention her in my posts. She's pretty special. I don't know what I'd do without her. She's the reason I want to have another girl- so that Laney can experience having a sister the way I have gotten to. There's nothing like sisterhood. Lauren is the only person I can really trust on certain things. Simple things. Like how I look in an outfit. Or what I should do in a certain situation. She's just so special to me. And now you know why.

2 comments:

Lauren Walker said...

This definitely made me tear up, you make me out to be much more than I am. I just cannot believe how lucky I am to have you as a sister. And lets not forget who this blog is really about, I am so in love with my beautiful niece and one day she will learn just how special you are. Thank you so much for being the best sister in the world and a wonderful friend. I wish I could be around more, but as always give the bug a BIG kiss for me! I love you so much Mel!

Jacob and Maci said...

Melanie- This made ME tear up! I haven't seen you girls in forever but what a blessing it must be to have that much affection and love for a sister! I hope one day my kids love like you and Lauren! You are both so beautiful and I was blessed by reading this post!! Thanks for sharing!!

Post a Comment