September 19, 2010

Back to School

I'm not even going to try to write about ALL the things that have happened in the past month. I'll get stressed out and end up not posting anything at all! Ha! So, in short, school has begun, Marshall is back in the swing of his busy season at work, and Laney is STILL growing up too fast.

School started on August 23rd, and has already been much less stressful this year than last. Staring down the beginning of this school year was a piece of cake compared to last year. Then, I was pregnant, in the middle of a move, starting a new job, and unsure if my husband was going to be able to move to Abilene in time for Laney's birth. This year, I know the ropes at school, I'm not a "first-year teacher," and I have a little more pep in my un-pregnant step. I'm finally being able to get ahead, plan, and stay ahead at work. I can already tell I'm a better teacher and I hope my students reap all the benefits! Also, with lots of help from my loving mother, I finally got my classroom decorated like I want it. Since I spend a lot of time there, its important to me for it to be a homey place. Though I miss Laney a lot while I'm there, I sure do love having a place to go everyday! Being home all summer made me appreciate and miss my wonderful work environment.







School isn't all I've been doing. My 8 good high school friends and I took our 5th annual Girls' Weekend trip this past Labor Day weekend to Horseshoe Bay and it was another success! Kate made the plans this year and Natalie, well, she made the "pink" plans, as always. I know many people have "Girls' Weekends," but we take ours pretty seriously! I mean, we even have matching pink swimsuits and sunglasses. If you'd like to have a Girls' Weekend that's as official as ours, you should contact Natalie McCarty, professional party planner. You'll have to plan ahead, though, because she's already booked for this entire fiscal year! Ha! Seriously, though, it was an amazing weekend. Being with those girls that I know oh so well but see oh so little is always good for the soul. We're all growing up, changing, and learning how to stay friends even though our life stages differ greatly, our ambitions just aren't the same, and our schedules never quite line up for us to talk as much as we'd like. They're my best friends, though, and always will be. They know me. Really KNOW me. I hope the 9 of us keep up until we're old ladies. And  hopefully we'll all be rich old ladies so we can "upgrade" our trips to Turks and Caicos or somewhere fabulous like we've always said we would! I'm kicking myself that I didn't even get a picture of all 9 of us, but let's be honest, I'm never good at getting pictures taken. Here's the best one I have with the majority of us.


That concludes my random update. You may shocked that I did not even talk about Laney ONCE in this post! Well, you can rest assured that I have an update all about Laney, complete with videos, coming very soon! Keep checking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment