January 14, 2013

Sew Excited

One of the things I got for Christmas was a new SEWING MACHINE! I'm thrilled. My old one just flat out died. I think.


Y'all, this thing is crazy. It's not super expensive, but makes me feel like my old machine was from another century. Look at all this stuff, though:


Don't they know I'm too busy and lazy for all these instruction manuals? And this is even after I threw all the Spanish ones away. Great. I'll just spend all my free time (time in between cleaning hot dog juice off the floor and wiping hinies) over the next year reading these suckers and I'll be ready to start sewing come 2014.

Seriously, though, this thing better be able to sew my projects by itself while I'm sleeping.

But I'm not the only one who made out like a bandit this Christmas. Laney, Parker & Brooks got cars, trucks, lawn mowers, Lilly Pulitzer dresses, shoes, shopping carts, Dream Lites, microphones, and much much more. They also got to spend the holidays with 2 families that are down right crazy about them and would do anything in the world to see them happy. We are so BLESSED. It kinda makes me want to cry.





2 comments:

Bethany Phillip said...

Your new machine looks so COOL - I got my first, basic sewing machine for christmas! All I've done so far though is sew bean bags. I'm hoping I'll get the courage to try something new soon. We'll see!

The Brokaws said...

Hi Melanie, I just found your blog through Michelle Percival and I met you at church the other day! Your family is adorable! Enjoyed reading your posts!

Post a Comment