July 31, 2011

Big Sister's Big Girl Room

I decorated a "big girl" room for Laney back when I was still pregnant with the boys, but never posted pictures because it quickly became the catch-all room once we brought home all the gifts from our wonderful baby shower and shoved most of them in there. Now that the dust has settled and most of those gifts are being used, I decided it was time to clean out the room and get it ready for Laney to start sleeping there. We haven't made the move in there quite yet. I'm scared to try. She just still seems too little to sleep in such a big girl bed! And I feel like we've turned her world up-side-down enough for the moment with these new brothers. I'm thinking we'll try it out in a few weeks and see how it goes (crossed fingers).

I knew I wanted to decorate her room in a shabby chic style but still make it feel like a kid's room. The start was slow because I'd never decorated anything in this style before. Once I got going, though, I loved how it came together. A lot of special things I already had went great it there, which was fun. The funny thing is that I spent so much time trying to make this room perfect for Laney and she'll probably say, "I want a Barney room" as soon as she can put a sentence together. Good thing I got this done before she could make any hideous requests- ha. It might not be so easy next time. Here it is!



The stuffed animals are some of my Boyds Bears that I collected as a little girl. And the Feltman Brothers dress above the bed is what Laney came home from the hospital in.


This old window was a gift from my sister and was used to decorate my house in college as well as our first apartment.


This picture was made for me by my grandmother and was hung in my first bedroom.


On the nightstand is my Mimi's Waterford crystal lamp. I was a little unsure about putting it in a toddler's room. It just looked perfect in there, though. I may not leave it in there very long. We'll see how Laney does with it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment