April 29, 2011

The Yard - Before & After

I know I've been blogging a lot lately about how I've been too busy to blog. Ha. So I'm going to show you some of the stuff that we've been doing around here so that you might actually believe me. One of the things we really wanted to get done before the boys' arrival is get our yard and back porch in working, presentable order. It needed a lot of work. Here are some pictures of our yard LAST spring. It was bad. We had been so busy with Laney's arrival and babyhood that we completely neglected it for months over the winter and beginning of spring, and by the time we looked up in April, this is what our "yard" looked like (if you could even call it that):





So, we started working on the yard/outside early this year. We extended our back porch by having an extra slab of concrete poured. Marshall then stained it all by himself. The color of the stain is called "cola." It turned out so great! Go Marsh!




We then got some new cushions for the furniture and planted a hibiscus in a pot back there on the porch (my favorite!). It really warmed things up. I'm so glad we did it. Here are the "after" pictures:




We also got our front yard looking better. When we moved into this house, there was no landscaping at all. Marshall and I planted all the shrubs and flowers last spring and even constructed the Austin stone and cement border around everything (Landscaping pros, now? What what!).  So this year all we had to do was get the weeds out of the bed, lay new mulch, and prune and fertilize the plants. I was so delighted when our knock-out roses burst into bloom this year just in time for my grandmother to visit (she LOVES flowers)! I wish I had some "before" pictures of it, but no such luck. You can probably imagine, though, just from looking at how bad our backyard looked- ha.


0 comments:

Post a Comment