March 14, 2010

Time to Break Out her Bikinis!

First, I'd like to assure you that I will get better at consistently updating our blog! I can't believe it's been nearly 3 weeks since my first post. Much has happened in this time. I've been quite a busy teacher with Algebra benchmark exams to give, basketball playoff games to attend, and cheerleading tryouts to run. In the time we could find during this busy week, Marshall and I enjoyed our back-to-back birthdays with our families one night at Bonzai and the other night at Perini's. Marshall turned 24 and I turned 21 (for the 3rd time). We made it through the hectic week and are now enjoying one of the many reasons I love my job- SPRING BREAK. On this beautiful, cloudless, 75-degree Sunday we pulled out our bathing suits and headed to Mama C's & Papa D's house for Laney's first day at the pool. She decided to wear her tankini so that her shoulders wouldn't get burned (what a smart girl). I get so excited thinking of the many memories she'll make at this pool and the long summers I'll get to spend with her there. Also, today's time at the pool gets me looking forward to Laney's first annual trip to Gulf Shores coming up this summer! Here are some of my favorite pictures from today:


Thank you, Grandmama & Aunt LaLa, for my cute fish suit and sunglasses!



...and hat!



She's been working on her beach body :)



This was taken during the short 20 seconds she actually spent in the sun.




Baby girl skin is much safer in the shade.





Luckily, we love our swing and it was the perfect place for us to enjoy the day in the shade. We also love our fingers. And love to put them in our mouth whenever possible.


Laney has 2 more swimsuits she needs to debut. More pictures coming soon (weather permitting, that is!). We hope your days are warming up and you and your loved ones are gearing up for a fun springtime, too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How precious can one girl be!!!!! Can not wait to see her in her other bathing suits!!!! Love ya'll!!

Nat said...

Im back from Vegas and feeling sure Kel wants to let me off for a "Fun in the sun SB day" with you and Nuggs! Ahhh what a great dad and boss haha! Jeffrey and I will see you guys tonight! Hope the ranch was relaxing and fun... cant wait for us to all be back at the house hah! Love you all!

Post a Comment